Parselmouth Parlour
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psycho PMS

2 posters

Go down

Psycho PMS Empty Psycho PMS

Post  Dipshit Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:53 pm

Premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD) is a condition marked by severe depression symptoms, irritability, and tension before menstruation. These symptoms are more severe than those seen with premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
Symptoms
The symptoms of PMDD are similar to those of PMS, but they are generally more severe and debilitating. Symptoms occur during the week just before menstrual bleeding and usually improve within a few days after the period starts.
Five or more of the following symptoms must be present:
Disinterest in daily activities and relationships
Fatigue or low energy
Feeling of sadness or hopelessness, possible suicidal thoughts
Feelings of tension or anxiety
Feeling out of control
Food cravings or binge eating
Mood swings marked by periods of teariness
Panic attack
Persistent irritability or anger that affects other peopleTrouble concentrating
Physical symptoms, such as bloating, breast tenderness, headaches, and joint or muscle pain
Sleep disturbances
Treatment
Women with PMDD may be helped by the following:
A balanced diet (with increased whole grains, vegetables, fruit, and decreased or no salt, sugar, alcohol, and caffeine)
Adequate rest
Regular exercise 3-5 times per week
In addition, it is important to keep a diary or calendar to record the type, severity, and duration of symptoms.
Selective serotonin-reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) are antidepressant drugs that can treat PMDD. SSRIs include fluoxetine (Prozac, Sarafem), sertraline (Zoloft), paroxetine (Paxil), fluvoxamine (Luvox), citalopram (Celexa), and escitalopram (Lexapro).
Nutritional supplements -- such as vitamin B6, calcium, and magnesium -- may be recommended. Pain relievers such as aspirin or ibuprofen may be prescribed for headache, backache, menstrual cramping and breast tenderness. Diuretics may be useful for women who have significant weight gain due to fluid retention.
Causes
The causes of PMS and PMDD have not been identified.
Hormone changes that occur during a woman's menstrual cycle appear to play a role.
PMDD affects between 3 - 8% of women during the years they are having menstrual periods. The condition is usually worse in younger women.
Seasonal affective disorder (SAD), major depression, anxiety, and similar disorders are seen in many women with this condition.
Other factors that may play a role include:
Alcohol abuse
Drinking large amounts of caffeine
Having a mother with a history of the disorder
Lack of exercise
Tests & diagnosis
There are no physical examination findings or lab tests specific to the diagnosis of PMDD. A complete history, physical examination (including a pelvic exam), and psychiatric evaluation should be done to rule out other potential conditions.
Keeping a calendar or diary of symptoms can help women identify the most troublesome symptoms and the times they are likely to occur. This information may help the health care provider diagnose PMDD and determine the appropriate treatment.
Prognosis
After proper diagnosis and treatment, most women with PMDD find that their symptoms go away or drop to tolerable levels.
Complications
PMDD symptoms may become severe enough that they interfere with a woman's daily life. Women with depression may have worse symptoms during the second half of their cycle and may require medication adjustments.
As many as 10% of women who report PMS symptoms, particularly those with PMDD, have had suicidal thoughts. The incidence of suicide in women with depression is significantly higher during the latter half of the menstrual cycle.
PMDD may be associated with eating disorders and smoking.
When to contact a doctor
Call 911 or a local crisis line immediately if you are having suicidal thoughts.
Call for an appointment with your health care provider if:
Symptoms do not improve with self-treatment
Symptoms interfere with your daily life
Dipshit
Dipshit
Playground Bully

https://parselmouthparlour.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Psycho PMS Empty Re: Psycho PMS

Post  zamora Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:32 am

Ok so now I have PMDD and I refuse to change my diet or to stop consuming vast quantities of alcohol. Grains are for the damn horses to eat, not ME. Salt goes on EVERYTHING. Rest? What the fuck is REST? I live on a goddamn farm and something always needs tending or feeding! A good night of sleep = 5 hours! Does sex count as exercise? You can keep the freaking sugar and no matter what anyone thinks...I DO NOT HAVE MOOD SWINGS. They are the regular swings that you put the babies in and then wind the crank up to keep them occupied while you go cram your face with all the shit on the list of stuff you are not supposed to eat/drink if you have PMDD.

I think I need a drink....... drunken

zamora
zamora

Back to top Go down

Psycho PMS Empty Re: Psycho PMS

Post  Dipshit Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:40 am

I has internetz Psycho PMS 218478
Dipshit
Dipshit
Playground Bully

https://parselmouthparlour.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down